Could Podolski`s arrival mean that Robin Van Persie will leave Arsenal? – Arsenal Banter

Could Podolski`s arrival mean that Robin Van Persie will leave Arsenal?

I hate to say it but there has been no definite signs of a renewal of Van Persie`s contract. Maybe he is waiting to ensure that Arsenal will be playing Champions league football next season.

It is good for the club that they have secured the services of Lucas Podolski from Cologne. I just worry that the reason they have moved so early is that they know that the free scoring Dutchman has decided he is on his way.

It is an open secret that Jose Mourinho is very keen to sign Van Persie to strenghthen his team. It has also come to light this week that Real’s Argentinian striker has infuriated Mourinho by meeting with Paris Saint-Germain. Kaka also met the French club and Mourinho has unofficially demanded 70 million euros for the pair.

However if he is determined to get rid of them there may be a deal to be done. If Van Persie is sought by Madrid and is determined to go, Arsenal could do a lot worse than to make a cash plus Higuain deal.

The 24 year old Argentinian has scored 21 league goals this season and over 100 in total. He is quick, strong and a great finisher. It would be better,obviously if he joined Van Persie and Podolski at Arsenal. I hope that our Dutch striker is waiting for definite Champion`s league football. Fingers crossed.

5 Comments

Add a Comment