May 012012

I hate to say it but there has been no definite signs of a renewal of Van Persie`s contract. Maybe he is waiting to ensure that Arsenal will be playing Champions league football next season.

It is good for the club that they have secured the services of Lucas Podolski from Cologne. I just worry that the reason they have moved so early is that they know that the free scoring Dutchman has decided he is on his way.

It is an open secret that Jose Mourinho is very keen to sign Van Persie to strenghthen his team. It has also come to light this week that Real’s Argentinian striker has infuriated Mourinho by meeting with Paris Saint-Germain. Kaka also met the French club and Mourinho has unofficially demanded 70 million euros for the pair.

However if he is determined to get rid of them there may be a deal to be done. If Van Persie is sought by Madrid and is determined to go, Arsenal could do a lot worse than to make a cash plus Higuain deal.

The 24 year old Argentinian has scored 21 league goals this season and over 100 in total. He is quick, strong and a great finisher. It would be better,obviously if he joined Van Persie and Podolski at Arsenal. I hope that our Dutch striker is waiting for definite Champion`s league football. Fingers crossed.

  1. Your opening paragraph….
    ‘I hate to say it but there has been no definite signs of a renewal of Van Persie`s contract. Maybe he is waiting to ensure that Arsenal will be playing Champions league football next season.’
    Have you not been paying attention. For months RVP has stated that contract talks would not be held until the end of the season. Last time I looked we still had 2 games to go therefor we have not got to the end of the season so surely even you can see that could be the reason talks haven’t yet started.

    • Exactly, this is just good story material. Even some arsenal bloggers will sell their teams out for clicks..unfortunate

  2. Van persie wil not go to real madrid

  3. It’s unavoidable that this sort of talk will start now. I’d be a bit surprised if he joined Real to be honest, but I agree that if he were to leave, we could do much, much worse than Gonzalo Higuain as a replacement. He’s almost a like-for-like, but I think RVP shows better leadership qualities.

  4. From where I sit there are several reasons why van Persie could be delaying contract talks. 1) Euro qualification. 2)Money. 3) Additional quality players. 4) The experience of playing with the very best in Europe. He needs to convince himself that he has reached or is able to reach his zenith in his profession. Should Wenger be able to convince him he will be captain of the very best professionals avialble and not propping up and being responsible for a bunch of under achievers then he will stay. He is the type of man who must achieve his ambitions and he`s not getting any younger. He needs to mix with players of his own level just like Fabregas has. Wenger has made a start with Podolski but needs two more of high quality.

 Leave a Reply

(required)

(required)