`
Deal Close – Manager Confirms Interest IN Alexis Sanchez, 1st Summer Deal Sealed – Arsenal Banter

Deal Close – Manager Confirms Interest IN Alexis Sanchez, 1st Summer Deal Sealed

Arsenal continues to be linked with a summer exit at the Emirates, with no extension agreed by the North London club to a contract due to expire in 2018. Inter legend Sandro Mazzola admits to being “crazy about Alexis Sanchez” and believes the Arsenal forward would be “perfect” for his former club.

The Chile international continues to be heavily linked with a big-money summer switch, as uncertainty shrouds his future at Emirates Stadium.

Despite having seen the issue discussed at length for several months, Arsenal are yet to tie the 28-year-old to an extended contract.

His current deal is due to expire in 2018, with the Gunners needing to make a decision one way or another before his value starts to decline.

Inter are among those said to be closely monitoring the situation, with the Serie A side expected to splash the cash when the transfer re-opens.

Mazzola told Corriere dello Sport on the mounting speculation: “I am crazy about Alexis Sanchez.

“For me he is perfect for this team because over time he has evolved and now scores several goals a season. Inter need someone like him.”

Sanchez has netted 20 times for Arsenal in all competitions this season.

A player of his undoubted ability, and a man who has already impressed in Serie A with Udinese, would be expected to complement Inter’s attacking unit well, with Mazzola seeing plenty of promise in those already at the San Siro.

He added: “Yes, [I like Inter’s attack] because it has technical strikers with pace and quality.

“I expected more from Gabigol, but the first season in Serie A for foreigners is complicated. We have to have patience.

“[Antonio] Candreva and [Ivan] Perisic have quality, even if they can do more.”