Deal Done – £20 Million Agreed, Player Arrive in North London for Medicals – Arsenal Banter

Deal Done – £20 Million Agreed, Player Arrive in North London for Medicals

Beskitas midfielder, Oguzhan Ozyakup is, according to reports spoiled for choice as Arsenal, Tottenham and West Ham are in competition to sign him, while Besiktas also offer him an upgraded version of his current contract.

Ozyakup is currently part of the team at Besiktas but the player has expressed his wish to join one of the European top clubs to prove his worth and to also develop his career.

Arsenal and Tottenham were both reportedly interested in the midfielder but now Slaven Bilic has reportedly taken a step up with West Ham. Bilic has had a previous relationship with Ozyakup as he coached him during his two-year spell at Besiktas.

Before Bilic indicated interest, Arsenal were the front runners to resign the player, but Ozyakup may prefer moving in with a manager he once played with rather than the club that lost faith in him.

Ozyakup made 40 appearances for Besiktas last season and managed to net five goals and make 10 assists.

The ex-Arsenal youth player has just another season before his contract expires and has a price tag of about £13 million. The club are not willing to sell their captain and have already drafted a lucrative five-year deal.

The club’s president Fikret Orman have said the aforementioned interest from clubs are false rumors and that they did not receive any bid, and while he hopes to retain his player, he admitted he would not stop him if he decides to accept any offer from a top European club.

Orman said: “We will sell players if we receive the right offers.

“We have not received the right offer yet for Oguzhan and as I have said before he will only join a club of the highest level club.

“I would not for example sell him to Leicester City.

“I want him to play at the highest level.”

The 24 year-old is still yet to put pen to paper for Besiktas and his future remains undecided, He did , however, drop a hint as to where he would prefer to move to if the offer comes along:

“I have plans to play in Europe,” he said.

“I was born in Holland and developed in England at the best academy in the world.

“I trained with the best and want to relive my time at Arsenal again.”

It seems the whole deals now depends on whether Arsene Wenger will go further with his interest and if he thinks Ozyakup can propel them towards the Premier League title like he did with Besiktas where they won the Turkish title two consecutive times.