leicester-city-v-arsenal-premier-league-1-1-1024x709

” Did he Call ” ? – €30m Asked If Wenger Was Eager To Sign Him For Arsenal

Schalke striker Breel Embolo has refused to reveal whether Arsene Wenger was keen on signing him for Arsenal in the summer.

Embolo, 19, joined Schalke in the summer from FC Basel for a fee which could rise to €30 million, as reported by Goal.

However, the Switzerland international was heavily linked with a move to The Emirates and Schalke’s sporting director Christian Heidel claimed over the summer that Wenger had been “desperate” to sign Embolo.

But Embolo has refused to confirm or deny if Wenger was eager to sign him for Arsenal. When asked if Wenger called him to join Arsenal, Embolo told Blick, as reported by Goal: “Did he call?”

“I don’t talk about other clubs. I’m glad I’m with Schalke. I decided on Schalke, that’s all that matters for me.

“It was very important to me to make the right move. I wondered what would be the best for me and the result was that Schalke was the perfect club.”

Embolo played in Schalke’s first six games of the new campaign, starting three times. However, his season was rocked after he suffered a serious knee injury which is expected to keep him out for most of the campaign.

Embolo is yet to score in the Bundesliga, but the 19-year-old did create three chances, registering one assist.

POPULAR STORIES

Add a Comment