Mar 092013

There are reports in the papers that Alex Song is considering cutting short his time at FC Barcelona, because he has not been able to force his way into the Spanish club’s first team. The Cameroonian midfielder has played 10 games for Barca in La Liga, but the feeling is that he has not fitted into the system as well as hoped.

Despite interest from mega rich French club Paris Saint-Germain, 25-year old Song wants to come back to the Emirates, according to the Premier League News in the Express. His time in North London was happy, even if he didn’t win anything, so should Arsenal try to get him back?

Barca paid £15 million for him in the summer, but Arsenal didn’t really want to sell so we should be able to get him back for a fair bit less. We have definitely missed him this season, and we know that it would take no time for him to fit back in to the team. Yes there were a few dodgy stories intended to cover his arse with the Arsenal fans, but Song did come clean and admit that he pushed for the move.

Of course we would prefer players to show Tony Adams style loyalty, but that is a pretty rare thing in modern football. I personally feel we should not hold a grudge against Song and welcome him back. Do you agree?

  1. I would like Song to come back,because we really missed his presence .

  2. Since wenger has beeb reluctant to get a player to replace alex song!i think and i suppose that alex should come back to Arsenal.he is really missed.

  3. We haven’t replaced him so he is welcome.

  4. No way back for a bad apple

  5. Agreed.let him come back his position is wildly open.Mikel Ateta is just trying not that is perfect for the role.pls he should come back.period.

  6. Yes cos he realised his stupid mistake..

  7. We nid him back.I believe he is d missing link between our defence and the attack but my worry is dat le Prof might sturbbonly refuse to bring him back.

  8. We still new Alex Song in Arsenal fc.If possible, let us get him back quickly at the end of this season.

  9. song was the heart of arsenal ,let him back and then wenger would have done amight decission,long live arsenal fc.

  10. ALEX SONG WAS OUR HEART PLZ WENGER DO SMTHNG,COZ MAN IS TO ERROR?

  11. pls we nid him back

  12. we haven’t replace him so he is welcome!!!!!!!!!!

  13. Come home boy

 Leave a Reply

(required)

(required)