Done! Arsenal Agree £42m deal for sensational forward

After Francis Coquelin said his goodbyes at Arsenal this week, another player could be set for departure from the Emirates this winter in search of first-team football and according to Sam Allardyce, Everton is interested in signing 29-year-old England international, Theo Walcott.

The former Southampton wonderkid has been a transfer target for Everton and former club, Southampton but it is believed that the winger would prefer a move to the Merseyside. The pacey winger is yet to start a Premier League game this season, and Arsenal manager, Arsene Wenger has said that he won’t stand in the way of the player.

Speaking ahead of this weekend’s league game away at Tottenham, Allardyce said the club would be interested in a permanent move for the winger. He said, “I think you are all aware of our interest in Theo,” said Everton boss Sam Allardyce.

“If that is possible to get over the line I’d be delighted.”Obviously there are negotiations that are happening at the moment and if that can all be sorted out one of the most difficult things to do today – then that would be a great addition in my opinion to come and join us from an attacking point of view,” he added.

Since Wenger changed to a 3-4-3 formation last season, Walcott has found himself falling down the pecking order behind the likes of Ozil, Sanchez, Iwobi and even Danny Welbeck, all are ahead of him in the thoughts of his manager.

Everton is slowly starting to improve under Allardyce, after a disastrous start to the season under Ronald Koeman and are looking to make signings that can make them a consistent Europa League side. Since joining Arsenal in 2006, Walcott has scored over 100 goals for The Gunners.