Arsenal Banter's Pictures

Done & Dusted ! – Wenger Announces Youngster For Arsenal No. 10 Role

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believed Nigerian international Alex Iwobi has the full potential to succeed in the number 10 role at the Emirates.

The Nigerian midfielder has mostly been used in the Gunners left-wing position since emerging from the Gunners’ academy last season.

Iwobi, 20 flourished during his debut campaign for Arsenal and he’s taken those performances into this season, making 11 appearances for Arsenal already this season.

Wenger is said to be delighted with his development and he believes the youngster could transfer his qualities into the attacking midfielder position.

‘You see, he is not a typical winger and I think he can play in that [number 10] role,’ said Wenger.

‘He turns the game forward, he passes the ball through the lines very well. He has a final ball in him. He is now a little bit, I think he has it all in the locker to pass and give the final ball.

‘What you want from him now is the finishing, you know. That’s still a little part that is missing in his game. I think he is too nervous at the moment when he has the possibility to finish.’

POPULAR STORIES

Add a Comment