Done ! – £50m-rated ” Arsenal is my absolute priority “, Star To Play For Arsenal Not Werder Bremen

Arsenal’s and German international Per Mertesacker is reportedly keen in entering transfer talks over a new contract, while he has hailed his boss Arsene Wenger’s work at the Emirates. Online Sports Betting sites have the German world cup winner odds on to leave Arsenal this summer but it appears he is not thinking of leaving just yet.

Mertesacker has confirmed he is eager to pen a new deal with the Gunners amid recent suggestion linking him with a back to the Bundesliga at the end of the season.

The 32-year-old left back contract with the Emirates is due to expire in June 2017 – probably at the end of the season – and his former club Werder Bremen and Hannover are reportedly keeping close tabs on the situation.

However, new report have now showed the German is set to disappoint his suitors as he wants to stay put at the Emirates Stadium.

“A renewal with Arsenal is my absolute priority,” the German told Spox as cited by FFT.

“But we have not made an appointment yet to discuss a new deal.

“Arsenal are my top priority and everything else is just speculation.”

He arrived at the Emirates in 2011, and has been a strong fan of the French manager Arsene Wenger.

“Wenger should be immune to any public criticism. He has been at Arsenal for 20 years, helping the club develop step by step,” he added.

“Where else do you still see this? You should look at the bigger picture and he deserves nothing but respect.

“The media are too quick to criticise in my opinion. It is all about results. One day they are celebrating a big win over Ludogorets and then three days later there is criticism after a draw with Middlesbrough.

“How much will the team, the coach and the club have changed during these three days to merit such a different opinion?”

Personally, I will be surprised if Wenger renews Mertesacker’s contract. I sincerely believe his replacement was bought last summer and that’s Rob Holding. Knowing Wenger, there is a chance Mertesacker won’t be playing for us once the current season expires and he may even be sold in the January transfer window so as not to lose him on a free transfer since his contract expires at the end of June.

Mertesacker will find it difficult to get into the current Arsenal team to be honest. His best bet for a chance remains the clubs or if there is serious injury crisis in the defence which we do not play for.

The thing about Arsenal this season is that we have serious depth. Even hitherto starters like Mertesacker can’t get into the team. It was unthinkable in the past. This is why I sincerely feel the league title is ours to lose this season. We have arguably the best in depth squad in the Premier league.

If we can have less injury problems and overcome the “November problem” we have a strong chance of winning winning the Premier league. I expect the likes of Liverpool to finally drop off the table and City who are our real challenger are in my opinion a team in transition.

POPULAR STORIES

Add a Comment