Done ! Medicals Sheduled – Mahrez To Arsenal A Done Deal – Arsenal Banter

Done ! Medicals Sheduled – Mahrez To Arsenal A Done Deal

Arsenal Banter brings you latest update on Arsenal news from top media sites like Daily Mail,
Metro, The Express, The Independent, The Telegraph, SkySports and so on.

Arsenal have been handed a major boost in their race to sign Leicester City’s £50m rated attacker Riyad Mahrez after Roma confirmed they are no longer interested in signing him, according to the Metro

Mahrez is expected to leave the king power Stadium this summer after handing in a transfer request at the conclusion of the previous season and he has gotten the attention of several European elite clubs.

Arsenal have once again being on the trail of the Algerian international with the Metro claiming that Mahrez is Arsene Wenger’s full-back option if a deal doesn’t come through for top target Thomas Leamar.

Arsenal have been strongly linked with the French international all through the summer but with Monaco insisting the 21-year-old is not for sale, Mahrez seemed like a viable alternative.

AS Roma have also been chasing the 26-year-old in recent weeks but the report suggests that the Italian giants have now withdrawn their interest in securing Mahrez’s signature as Leicester are demanding £50m after rejecting their latest £31.7m bid.

Roma’s sporting director Monchi has now confirmed the club will turn their attention to other targets after failing to see a deal done for Mahrez. He’s quoted as saying by the Metro:

‘I’m optimistic by nature, but the truth is that Roma did everything possible to buy the player,’

‘He would have been the most expensive player in Roma’s history. But up until now we haven’t received any positive feedback from the other side.

‘The offer we made was an important one, but the priority isn’t just Mahrez because we’ve done everything necessary and now we’re looking around for other players.’

This news will come as a major boost to Wenger as Arsenal will now face less competition for Mahrez if the boss decides to give up on Lemar and focus his attention on the Foxes attacker.