Fabian-Schar-446099

DONE! Mustafi Completes Arsenal Move: Valencia Table £11m Bid For Replacement

There is a report according to some German sources claiming Hoffenheim’s Swiss defender Fabian Schar, is set for Valencia move but face competition from Arsenal who’re considering move for him should their bid for Shkodran Mustafi falls.

GetFootBallNewsGermany citing reports from German newspaper are claiming that the Gunners are eyeing a move for the Swiss defender. The Swiss centre-back has attracted keen interest from Valencia and the Gunners and employers at Hoffenheim are said to be prepared with the player for a fee close to £11m.

The Spanish club interest in the Swiss is largely due to recent speculation surrounding the future of the German defender Shkodran Mustafi.

Mustafi has been heavily linked with a move to the north London club with reports also suggesting that Chelsea are also showing keen interest in the Swiss defender.

Italian giants AC Milan are also rumored to be lining-up impressive move him but the 23-year-old seems to be set for a move out from the Mestallas and the club have identified Schar as his replacement.

I believed our manager would be pleased with the Swiss international defender’s strength in terms of passing and his general ease on the ball, [statistics shown via WhoScored.com], but we’re to accept his weakness in the air before finalizing our move for him.

The 24-year-old, though, could prefer Arsenal over Valencia as fellow international Granit Xhaka may be able to influence the player’s decision in the Gunners’ favour.

In addition, Schar would cost only £11m, which is significantly less than the amount the club would need to spend on Mustafi.

POPULAR STORIES

Add a Comment