`
Ex Arsenal Star Sends Message To Wenger- You Must Sign These Players. – Arsenal Banter

Ex Arsenal Star Sends Message To Wenger- You Must Sign These Players.

John Hartson has urged Arsene Wenger to delve deep into the Arsenal transfer kitty to sign big players in the summer transfer window.

The Gunners boss is coming under increasing in recent weeks after Arsenal lost back-to-back games to Watford and Chelsea in the Premier League over the past month or so.

Arsenal’s start to 2017 took a turn for the worse in the Champions League too, after a 5-1 loss to Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich in the first leg of their last-16 clash last week.

Wenger’s contract is set to expire at the end of the current campaign with uncertainty about the 67-year-old’s long-term future at the Emirates Stadium.

However, former Arsenal striker Hartson has some advice for Wenger if the Gunners boss does remain at the north London club beyond the summer.

“Arsene Wenger go and spend it. Go in for the big players. The highest paid player is on £120-130,000 a week. There are players at Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea on double that.

“If you’re going to get the best players in the world that are going to make you better and challenge for the league, you’ve got to go in and bring these players to the football club. That’s the criticism I agree with.”

One thought on “Ex Arsenal Star Sends Message To Wenger- You Must Sign These Players.

  • February 22, 2017 at 9:36 am

    Big players like Ozil? We dont names at Arsenal, but football players. If I were Wenger, I would sell Ozil, Ramsey, and Giroud.
    call back Campbell and Chainsmoker Wilshere, the buy one prolific striker.