`
Fabregas – “Arsenal gave me absolutely everything and I will repeat it until I die” – Arsenal Banter

Fabregas – “Arsenal gave me absolutely everything and I will repeat it until I die”

Former Arsenal skipper Cesc Fabregas insists the north London club will always have a place in his heart ahead of the Chelsea midfielder’s return to the Emirates Stadium on this evening.

The Spanish international was the Blues match-winner on Tuesday night after the Spaniard bagged two goals in extra-time to seal a 4-2 victory over reigning Premier League champions Leicester City in the third round of the League Cup.

However, the Spaniard hasn’t started a game for the Blues in the 2016/17 Premier League season so far after a string of substitute appearances under new Italian manager Antonio Conte ahead of this evening trip to the midfielder’s former employers Arsenal.

Fabregas has spent eight years at the Emirates Stadium and replaced Thierry Henry as our captain before his £27m switch to La Liga Barcelona in 2011.

He made his returned to the Premier League after a spell with Barcelona in 2014 as the playmaker completed a £27m move to our bitter London rivals Chelsea.

However, the former Barcelona midfielder is adamant that he still has a soft spot for the Gunners despite winning his only Premier League title with the west Londoners.

“It’s a special fixture because I’ve lived moments there that I’ve never lived in my career,” Fabregas told The Times.

“It’s a very special place for me and that’s it. No matter what I hear or what they say to me, Arsenal will always be a fantastic, special club in my heart.”

“They gave me absolutely everything and I will repeat it until I die, no matter what, they will always be in my heart.”