FIFA 2018 World Cup Bad Men

It is day four of the 2018 FIFA world cup. It has been exciting so far and so far so good, we have had no major controversies. We are however expecting some moment of controversies as has been the case in the history of the mundial. In this article, yours truly will be take a look at those players who are likely to give us that moment of controversy which the FIFA world cup since 1930 has been known for.

Luis Suarez

In 2010 and 2014 Suarez served us with two very controversial moments. In 2010, at the quarter final stage of world cup in South Africa Suarez denied Ghana a goal which would have made them the only Africa Semi finalists thus far. It was late into extra time, Ghana sent a free-kick into the box, and Suárez blocked Stephen Appiah’s shot on the goal line. Ghana then had a glorious chance to win the game. Ghana’s Dominic Adiyiah’s headed ball was goal bound but Suarez using his hand, stopped the goal. He was sent off but unfortunately for the Africans, Asamoah Gyan hit the crossbar with the resultant penalty kick in the last kick before penalty shoot out. Uruguay ended up winning the match on penalties. After the match, Suarez named his hand ball incident ” the save of the tournament”. We fully expect the Uruguayan to be at his controversial best in Russia. We are watching.

Hirving Lozano

Hirving Lozano was Mexico’s key man yesterday when they defeated Germany 1-0 in their first game of the 2018 world cup. Although there was nothing controversial by Hirving Lozano yesterday, we have listed him as one of the 2018 FIFA world cup controversial men to look out for in this year’s tournament. He is just 22 and has eight red cars so far in his young career, and six of those eight red cards were outright reds. He is not called the chucky ( a nicknamed he got for himself as a result of his antics and wide smile ) for nothing. He has been likened with Suarez by many due to style of play and the fact that he plays for Ajax like Suarez did years back.

Diego Costa

As an Arsenal fan, I hated Costa but let’s face it, that was mainly due to the fact that he always inflict pains on we Arsenal fans whenever we play his teams. I am still shocked Wenger didn’t go for him when he was to leave Chelsea. He is one of the controversial players in this year world cup and one that football lovers should key an eye on for his moment of controversy. Unlike Suarez, he may not bite someone or use his hand to stop a goal bound ball, but he is sure going to serve you both his good ( as seen in the game against Portugal ) and bad side in equal measure.

Sergio Ramos

Ramos is a reliable player the Spanish national team can rely on for both his defensive duties and ability to score unbelievable goals that save his teams. However, it is not because of the number of goals he has scored that we have included him in this list. It is mainly because of the number of red cards he has amassed that we have mentioned him. He has 19 red cards in the La Liga alone. Will he be red carded in Russia? Only time can tell.