Finally ! Star Player Pens Extension For Arsenal

Arsenal Banter brings you latest update on Arsenal news from top media sites like Daily Mail,
Metro, The Express, The Independent, The Telegraph, SkySports and so on.

Mohamed Elneny has ended speculation over his future by saying he is not leaving Arsenal this summer. The 25-year-old was the subject of a £10m move to Leicester City earlier in the transfer window, but he turned down their advances in order to extend his stay at the Emirates.

Elneny has often been played as a back-up to the likes of Granit Xhaka, Aaron Ramsey and Franscis Coquelin and he got his chance to impress in the Community Shield game versus Chelsea after both Ramsey and Coquelin were out with injuries.

The Egypt international was an integral part of the 1-1 draw with his push forward which was converted by Sead Kolasinac with a header.

Arsenal eventually won the shield on penalties 4-1, and Elneny later admitted that it was his best performance since he joined Arsenal as he sought to prove his worth to the manager Arsene Wenger.

He said h/t The Mirror: “There has been a lot of criticism recently and I wanted to prove that I deserve to play for a big team like Arsenal. That was my best game for Arsenal. Winning the Community Shield gives us momentum ahead of the new season.”

Meanwhile, Elneny also said that he will remain at the north London giants for the coming season, and is ‘100’ percent focused on his job, he added: “I am staying at Arsenal this season. I am 100 per cent focused and will give my best to the club day after day.”