Mar 202012

The Arsenal defender Kieran Gibbs has only just returned from a long period on the treatment table, and his return has concided with many more returnees from long term injury problems.

But the injury-plagued left-back thinks that this turn of events can only help the Gunners in their quest to wrench Third Place from their bitter rivals Tottenham.

“It is a relief to have a break until the next game and it was important for us to get that because we have played quite a lot recently in a short space of time,” Gibbs said.

“We should have players coming back from injury now so we should be getting some fresh legs looking to go for the rest of the season strongly.

“Football changes so much. We’ve seen over the last few seasons that anything can happen now and it is important for us to cement our place in the top four and keep winning.

“I saw Everton against Tottenham and they would have obviously been on a high after that. They are a good side and what the manager [David Moyes] has done with that squad is quite amazing.

“We know it will be a difficult game but we have the momentum and at the moment we are on a good run so we want to continue that.”

Everton are indeed going to be a tough game for Arsenal, but if they can get over this hurdle with three points then there are easier games on the horizon. This time next week we will hopefully be clear ahead in third place and pulling away!

Come on you Gooners!

  One Response to “Gibbs – Reduced injury list can only help Arsenal in race for Top Four place”

  1. 3rd it should be!!!!!!!! not 4th

 Leave a Reply

(required)

(required)