3000

GOOD NEWS: £30m-RATED Vis-à-vis his move to Arsenal – ‘Arsenal fit to me, I fit to the club’

Arsenal first summer signing from Borussia Monchengladbach Granit Xhaka claims he is settling down quickly at the Emirates stadium because he fits to the club and the club fit to him.

The north London manager Arsene Wenger fortnight ago says that the Swiss midfielder will make the club midfield stronger than ever in this upcoming campaign.

Wenger said via the club official website that, “[Xhaka brings] his passing ability to play through the lines from deep positions, his work rate, and he’s good in the air,” Wenger told Arsenal Player.”

“He’s a young boy as well, 23 years old. There’s a lot to come from him. We lost three midfielders: Flamini, Rosicky and Arteta, and numbers-wise we are quite solid in midfield now.”

“Elneny had a big impact when he came here; Coquelin was injured for a long time and is back. Cazorla will come back; Wilshere is back… so we are solid in midfield.”

The Swiss international joined in training with his new teammates at London Colney this week after recovering from his exertions at Euro 2016.

Xhaka showed an impressive performance in his first appearance for the Gunners in the match against the MLS All-Stars on Friday, he played just for 45 minutes and recorded a pass completion rate of 94.2 per cent in the north London club’s 2-1 win.

He was quoted saying, “It’s a really nice feeling to play for such a great and big club for the first time,” Granit said after the match.”

“I really enjoyed it and I think it showed on the pitch that I’ve been welcomed really well, that I have the trust of my team-mates. I’m really pleased to have finally played my first game.”

“This club fits to me and I fit to it. Arsenal play attractive football and I enjoy that. I think you could see today that this team has a lot of quality and we’ll give our all to show that on the pitch.”

He added that, “We will give our all to win something. I’ve already noticed how high the expectation levels are at this club. You realise that quickly. But we’ll go from game to game and will make sure that we’re well prepared for every game.”

POPULAR STORIES

Add a Comment