`
Good News! Wenger Confirmed ” These Are Four Transfers I Will Complete” – Arsenal Banter

Good News! Wenger Confirmed ” These Are Four Transfers I Will Complete”

The same problems manifest themselves at Arsenal and they’re in need of a squad revamp if they want to win the Premier League.
Arsene Wenger, one of the last true gentlemen of football. As a Manchester United fan, i’ve been in the midst of Arsene’s rise to success and viewed with sadness his downward demise into fourth place glory. If I were asked ten years ago, I would have told you I was happy that Arsenal haven’t had anything close to success in recent years, but i’m saddened to see a club legend treated in such a demeaning manor. I still believe Arsene will bring back success to Arsenal and I truly hope he goes out on a high, as anyone that gives so much of their life to football deserves to bow out in glory. So what does Arsenal need to do to bring back success? Let’s have a look at the four players they need to sign to get their hands on the Premier League.

Diego Godin [Centre-back, Atletico Madrid]
Arsenal currently have a problem at the centre of the defence. That was the most obvious thing to come out of their heavy defeat to Bayern Munich in the Champions League. Now you may find yourself questioning how one centre back going off can have such an impact when Arsenal have at least two quality replacements. I think the issue is that in every good centre back partnership there has to be at least one leader in that defence and at the moment the only leader Arsenal has is Koscielny.

So why Diego Godin? I think Godin will give Arsenal that leadership in defence that it so desperately needs. He is an ageing player, but Arsenal need a quick fix and he will provide that, as well as being a mentor to Arsenal’s next centre-back leader, Rob Holding.

Why would he leave Atletico Madrid for Arsenal? Atletico have started a small decline in La Liga and are now battling for a top four position rather than for the title. They’ve gone to two Champions League finals and lost, but will lightning really strike thrice at the Vincente Calderon? I think the appeal of playing in the Premier League and a big payout for a 30-year-old will be enough to bring him to Arsenal. The question is will they pay the fee that is needed?

Alex Grimaldo [Left-back, Benfica]
A product of Bracelona’s youth system, Grimaldo made 92 appearances for the Catalan’s B team before making the jump to Benfica. He has been highlighted as the next big transfer, aside from Victor Lindelof, for the Portuguese feeder club and his string of strong performances has helped him dethrone Benfica’s left back stalwart Eliseu.

Now, although relatively unknown, he would suit Arsenal’s playing style and something that he has to his advantage is that he actually a good defender. Arsenal currently have two main left backs in Kieran Gibbs and Nacho Monreal. The issue with the two is that Gibbs is a left back that can attack, but struggles defending, whilst Monreal is a left back that can defend (Kind of), but doesn’t offer much in attack.

Grimaldo is valued at £5.95m and would be a bargain for the Gunners. His mixture of attacking ability and defensive solidity would give Arenal’s left side the assurance it so desperately needs. The time to go in for him is now as undoubtedly following tradition, Benfica will be renewing his contract soon and putting a massive buyout clause on his contract.

William Carvalho [Defensive midfielder, Sporting Lisbon]
Forever associated with Premier League teams, William Carvalho is exactly what Arsenal need in the middle of the park. After the flops that have been Mohamed Elneny and Granit Xhaka, Arsenal need a midfielder that can breakdown play and distribute the ball with minimal effort. The European champion would give Arsenal exactly that; a true leader in midfield, he gives his team the ability to press high and play with freedom up front as they know he is behind them every step of the way.

The time is perfect to go in for him. Sporting have been reluctant to sell him for under £40m, but as the club are going through constant unrest, with a controversial manager and an even more controversial president, the time is now to move in for the defensive midfielder. His performance levels have dropped in recent times and he doesn’t look a happy figure so I think £25m would be an offer that Sporting would accept for a player that is clearly unhappy where he is.

Sergio Aguero [Striker, Manchester City]
Now this is a bit of a long shot, but if it happened it would show Arsenal’s determination to capture the Premier League once again. Sergio Aguero has become unsettled at Manchester City; Pep Guardiola has a known disdain of traditional centre-forwards, opting for those in the false nine model and he subsequently doens’t see Aguero as his first choice moving forwards. Considering he has scored 18 goals this season, it is fair to say he is still in his prime.

I’m approaching this in a similar way that Robin van Persie did with Manchester United. I think with the right offer, City will happily sell Aguero and with the right wages Aguero will happily go to Arsenal. Now imagine this; Aguero up front, Alexis Sanchez on the left, Meust Ozil in the centre, and Theo Walcott/Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain on the right. It sounds like an unstoppable force right? An attacking force that all defences would be scared of and one that would undoubtedly bring success to the Emirates.

So, in essence, Arsenal simply need to stabilise their defence, harden their midfield, and electrify their attack. All these players are available, but the big question is, will they spend the money to get them?

One thought on “Good News! Wenger Confirmed ” These Are Four Transfers I Will Complete”

  • February 22, 2017 at 8:31 am

    You spoken well but Wenger will never yield to anybody’s option. Wenger and Stan are the major problem Arsenal is facing. English fans of Arsenal are not doing good at all. They suppose to have stop go to Emirates stadium by now so that if there is no much generated from gate fees, there will be solution to this mess.