`
Gotze’s Injury Sets Back Wenger’s Transfer Negotiations – Arsenal Banter

Gotze’s Injury Sets Back Wenger’s Transfer Negotiations

Arsenal’s attempt to transfer attacking midfielder Mario Gotze might come to an abrupt end after the 19-year-old German whizkid got injured last weekend against Kaiserslautern and will be unavailable for at least 1 month.

Arsenal is unlucky again. After Gourcuff got injured last summer when the Gunners wanted to transfer him, the same thing happened to Gotze now. Wenger was expected to attempt to transfer the attacking midfielder in January, but now he’s injured and the Frenchman will have to weight his options in a smart way.

Dortmund’s manager needed to use Gotze against Kaiserslautern in the attempt to turn the match in his favour once more. After the guests equalised, the midfielder was thrown on the field and even managed to strike the bar with an impressive long range shot, but unfortunately the outcome was an unhappy one.

The 19-year-old already had a strain, but now his thigh injury seems to be a bit more serious and will definitely have to be rested for a while. This week will be the last matchday in Bundesliga this year, so Wenger will be able to start negotiations if he will indeed be interested in bringing Gotze.

6 thoughts on “Gotze’s Injury Sets Back Wenger’s Transfer Negotiations

  • December 13, 2011 at 4:09 pm

    Buy him even though he out injured for one month. If we wait until next summer, we might lose him, if others big spender come to bidding war.

  • December 13, 2011 at 5:52 pm

    Ha thigh strain, that’s a killer!! Seriously tho, how many players get ‘injured’ just before being sold, he’s coming to us in jan, no doubt!

  • December 13, 2011 at 7:48 pm

    The mid is 19….. I think there’s time for it to heal lol.

  • December 13, 2011 at 7:51 pm

    That’s KID…..kid….

  • December 13, 2011 at 8:31 pm

    Why would a slight injury scupper a deal? If Arsenal want him badly enough they would try and sign him regardless….

  • December 14, 2011 at 3:15 am

    That kind of injury is not career threatening OR transfer threatening…what is threatening are the transfer rumours to the wellbeing of all Gooners! We will not sign him in January…as much as I would love us too!