`
Hector Bellerin calls for calm among Arsenal supporters – Arsenal Banter

Hector Bellerin calls for calm among Arsenal supporters

Arsenal full-back Hector Bellerin urges both players and fans to keep their cool, saying that a top four finish is still achievable as the season end draws nearer.

Their last clash with Manchester City has seen them drop down to the sixth place on the Premier League table and seven points off the Champions League spot.

Most of Arsenal remaining fixture are against the league lesser clubs, and Bellerin is positive his side will be able to have a strong finish to qualify for the European games.

“My message is just to remain calm,” he told the club’s official website. “There are still loads of games to go. I understand that it can be frustrating not to be there at the moment but, as I say, we just need to be together. The team, fans, everyone – the whole of Arsenal has to be together and be positive.

“Hopefully like that we can make it happen. It’s also true that we have a few games in hand, we are a few games behind some of the teams on top of us. But we knew this year it was going to be very competitive. There were six or seven teams that were going to compete for the Champions League spots.

“We knew that it was going to get tough. It was going to be one of the hardest leagues probably in the last few years. We knew it could happen but we still have loads of games for us to recover and make it into the top four. I think it’s just ours for the taking.”

Arsenal, who had a 2-2 draw against Manchester City on Sunday, will back on the pitch to play against West Ham United on Wednesday