How Arsenal Can Cope Without Mesut Ozil

Mesut-Ozil-celeb-pa_3012545

Arsenal have been ousted from the UEFA Champions League after only managing a 1-1 draw against the Bavarians at the Allianz Arena. But not only did Arsenal bow out of the UEFA Champions League, they also lost a very important player for a couple of weeks.

Mesut Ozil was subbed at the beginning of the 2nd half. Initially, it looked as though it was a tactical decision but it has now been revealed that the German actually picked up a knock and is now set to sit out at least three of Arsenal’s next games and the most painful part is that it is going to be against three important foes; Tottenham, Chelsea and City.

How then can Arsenal cope with Ozil’s absence?

I believe we are well stocked to handle his absence. There is Rosicky and Cazorla who are like for like replacements. Playing either men in his role means that Chamberlain would take to the wings while Podolski would also get more opportunities to start. Chamberlain has hugely impressed with his pace and eye for goal but with Ramsey returning to full fitness, the Englishman might have to abdicate the box to box midfield role for the Welshman.

On the wings, Chamberlain would even be more dangerous with his pace and trickery. He would offer Arsenal genuine pace that has been missing on the wings since his countryman Theo Walcott got injured.

Will Arsenal miss him? sure they will because he is a quality player and there can never be too much of quality players in a team but I believe we are well stocked enough to cope in his absence. At least he isn’t out for the season and should be fit to play the FA Cup semi-final against Wigan. The time to recover from the injury would avail him the opportunity to refresh and come back stronger. We would need his fresh legs for the final few weeks of the season and as we chase glory this season.

POPULAR STORIES

Add a Comment