” I Should Have Sorted Arsenal Future Out Earlier ” – Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal Next Week

Arsene Wenger has admit he should have sorted his Arsenal future out earlier as a decision over whether he will remain the manager of the club or not.

The Frenchman is due to meet with the board on Tuesday to discuss his future with an annouceent expected in the next few days, although it is widely expected Wenger will stay on.

There’ve been report over his position has largely overshadowed the second half of the season which brought a disappointing fifth place finish but ultimately triumph with an FA Cup victory over Chelsea on Saturday.

Wenger has now admitted his contract should have been dealt with earlier in the season before insisting the Wembley win is evidence he deserves to stay.
“For me, the contract does not have special meaning but, because of the debate, maybe I should have sorted that out earlier,” he said via ESPN.

“The best presentation is to watch the game [against Chelsea]. I’ve played until the end of my contract, which is today basically. I think I have shown you that I have exactly the same commitment.”

The Gunners boss also revealed what he told the players ahead of the clash with Chelsea, who were massive favourites going into the game.

“I just told them to focus on what is important, our future, the future of the club, whether I stay or not. The players play for their future, for their next season,” he added.

“I love my job and I love to win. I love to build, I love to get people going and I love what I do. I invite you to live with me one day and one thing you cannot question is my commitment.”

Wenger’s contract situation has undoubtedly had an effect on the club this season and it a situation which could, and really should have been avoided – at least that is one issue that will be resolved shortly.