‘I Will Sign For Arsenal’ – Wenger handed major boost as player claims to prefer Arsenal over other clubs – Arsenal Banter

‘I Will Sign For Arsenal’ – Wenger handed major boost as player claims to prefer Arsenal over other clubs

Nacho Monreal is certain Hector Bellerin will not moving out of Arsenal this summer, despite being at the centre of Barcelona’s attraction

Barcelona are desperate to sign a new right-back this summer, having had midfielder Sergi Roberto  filling the role for the better part of last season.

And Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin is topping Barca’s priority list, with a deal worth £45million for the 23-year-old in consideration.

The Spain international began his career at the Camp Nou before he joined Arsenal’s youth academy in 2011 at the age of 16.

He has since become Arsene Wenger’s first-choice right-back and earned himself a new long-term contract last November.

And Monreal is confident the north London club can retain his Spanish compatriot this summer.

“He’s an Arsenal player and almost certainly he will stay here,” Monreal told Spanish outlet El Mundo Deportivo.

“Hector is a very important player for us and the boss has already reiterated that he counts on him.

“Now they will have to negotiate between the clubs and we will see what happen but almost for sure he will continue with us.”

Bellerin recently refused to rule out a potential return to Barcelona, but insisted he is content to stay at the Emirates.

“You never know what could happen. It’s a club that I grew up in as a kid, the best club in the world,” he told Spanish publication Sport earlier this month.

“It’s a big compliment, of course, but I’m an Arsenal player with a contract there.

“I haven’t talked to anyone. I haven’t talked to the club. I know a lot of things are being talked about but as a player, the club haven’t told me anything, there has still not been any contact.

“It’s always been very good in London, my family settled there with me, although now, for family reasons, they have had to return to Barcelona.

“I have a tougher time now because I’m a family person, I depend on them a lot, and it’ll be a new challenge to be without them.”