I’m very honoured to Lead this team” Arsenal new Captain says

Arsenal fans have complained that we have lacked any leadership on the pitch from real fighters, with Wenger famous for giving the captain’s armband to players based on age and seniority rather than any outstanding qualities, which has meant that many of our previous captains rarely even got on the pitch.

The Gunner fans are currently hoping Emery is going to change all that. He has brought in Sokratis who was the vice captain of Greece, and also Stephan Lichsteiner who is the captain of Switzerland. Ray Parlour is hopeful that the ex-Juventus defender could be the man to motivate the Gunners this season.

“Lichtsteiner is experienced, he’s a leader and he’s obviously played in great teams at Juventus,” Parlour said.

“He’s captained Switzerland as well so he’s probably a character they need at the moment.

“We’ve lacked a leader over the last two or three years so maybe he’s the one for the dressing room and to be important in that situation.

“Bellerin might learn off him as well as a right back so you can’t knock those sort of signings.

“He’s 34 years old but he looks after himself and he played 30 odd games for Juventus last season and they’re a top side so he can’t be that bad.”

He is certainly vastly experienced and a proven winner with seven Serie A titles in seven years. Could he be Arsenal’s new captain?