`
Injury Blow ! – Another Star Ruled Out For Six Weeks, To Miss Weekend Clash – Arsenal Banter

Injury Blow ! – Another Star Ruled Out For Six Weeks, To Miss Weekend Clash

Arsenal youngster Yassin Fortune has suffered a recurrence of a hip injury. Reliable youth team blogger Jeorge Bird has confirmed that the 17-year-old is looking at another six weeks on the sidelines.

He has already missed the entire pre-season and the start of the new season due to his injury. He recently made his comeback for the U18 side in the game against Fulham, but it seems like he will have to spend more time on the treatment table.

Fortune arrived at our club as part of the £2m deal, which also included Jeff Reine-Adelaide, from RC Lens summer. While Reine-Adelaide has managed to make inroads into the senior squad, Fortune has mostly played for our U18 and U21 teams.

Last season, bagged eight goals in 23 appearance for our U18 team. He is a versatile forward who can play as a striker, on either flank and in the number ten role. Our official website describes him as a player with “nimble feet, pace and a keen eye for goal”.

In an interview in December, Fortune likened himself with striker Danny Welbeck. “He is the one I like to watch and learn from today as I play on the left wing and as a striker,” Fortune said. “Like Welbeck, I like to play for the team and help create goals, but scoring goals brings the biggest happiness for me. It’s a special feeling.”

Due to his impressive performances for the U18 side last season, Fortune was awarded his first professional contract by the club in February.

Now, he is certainly one for the future and his injury won’t affect our first-team plans at all this season. However, he is certainly one to keep an eye on, and we will make sure to bring you any new updates we have regarding his process at the club in future.