Injury update: How well is Ospina faring?

David Ospina missed Arsenal’s comeback match against West Ham on Wednesday night after he picked up a muscular injury during his side’s 2-2 draw against Manchester City during the weekend.

24-year old Emi Martinez replaced the Colombian for the game against the Hammers and was exceptional as he stopped two shots, keeping a clean sheet.

Following the 3-0 triumph, Wenger confirmed that Ospina is definitely out on injury.

“Ospina is out with a muscle injury he got against Manchester City,” Wenger said.

“Petr Cech is not back so Martinez starts in goal tonight. Of course [I have confidence in him]. Every time he has come in he has done well so lets hope that continues. I’m confident.”

Ospina begins a spell in the sideline alongside Petr Cech who got sustained a calf strain injury against West Brom and was declared unfit for a month. But earlier this week, the Gunners recalled loanee Matt Macey from his loan spell at Luton Town which is a pointer that Cech could be out for much lomger than the stipulated one month.

Maybe Cech isn’t mending well or Ospina’s muscular injury is worse than first thought.

POPULAR STORIES

Add a Comment