2015 UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL HOTELS, BERLIN June 6th - CLICK HERE for HOTELS PACKAGES>
Jan 092013

Today goalkeeper Wojiech Szczesny told Arsenal.com about how he wishes to remain with Arsenal for the rest of his career. But does the Polish international really mean this?

Szczesny said;
“Ever since I signed for this club, I’ve become an Arsenal fan, it feels like it’s more than me just playing and doing my best on a Saturday afternoon. I feel like I have a much bigger part to play at this club. It means that little bit more to me.”

“I think I improve with every single game, I get the experience that is needed for a young keeper, so it’s important for me to play as many games as possible. I don’t think about playing for any other club. I see my future at Arsenal Football Club.”

“I committed to coming here at the age of 16, not to then leave at the age of 24. That’s not how it works for me. I think coming over to England at the age of 16 was the most important decision of my life and probably the best one, to date.”

It’s certainly very promising to hear that he wants to stay at Arsenal, however does he really mean it? We’ve seen in recent years the likes of Nasri and Van Persie pledge their futures to the club however look where they are now. Not to mention it was only two years ago that Szczesny himself said in an interview that the only 2 clubs he could ever imagine him playing for is Arsenal and Barcelona, but why has his opinion changed?

There’s no doubting that he has grown on this club, much like the likes of Frimpong, Jenkinson and Wilshere who are all also genuine Gooners that I can see staying at Arsenal for the rest of their careers providing they remain of Arsenal quality.

Szczesny also spoke of this;
“I think there are a lot of players in this team that are genuine Gooners. You’ve got people like Carl Jenkinson, there’s Jack Wilshere, Emmanuel Frimpong – a lot of young players who really feel it’s the biggest honour they could have, to play for this club. I think that’s very important for the future.”

I do not doubt Szczesny’s belief and will to stay at the club, but I certainly would be too surprised if these comments turn out to be untrue in the future, much like we’ve learnt in recent seasons.

 Leave a Reply

(required)

(required)