Julian Draxler Unhappy At Schalke, Chance For Arsenal Maybe?

Julian-Draxler-Schalke_2887885

So much has been said about Arsenal’s next big signing from Germany Julian Draxler as reports have linked the Gunners with a swoop for the highly rated German youngster but with recent reports, they had could start thinking of where to play him as he has already complained about playing on the wings which is the likely place he will be deployed at Arsenal. Hear what Draxler said about playing on the wings,

“Meanwhile I have accept the fact that I am not welcome at the number ten position here at Schalke,” Draxler told bild and continued with his criticism by saying:

“I ​​am still convinced to be more dangerous in the middle then outside. Even though I am perhaps the only one [who think that way].”

It is obvious from what he said that he isn’t at home on the wings and would rather play as a central attacking midfielder. That would be a big problem at the Emirates as he would have to battle many attacking midfielders for that solitary central attacking midfield position. Currently now, Arsenal have Ozil, Cazorla, Wilshere and Rosicky, all attacking midfielders but the latter trio have been forced to play on the wings to allow Ozil play through the middle. Does Draxler have what it takes to usurp Ozil? I don’t think so.

His statement also puts him forward as someone that puts himself first before the team. Playing on the wings doesnt mean he isn’t good enough to play through the middle. It only means he is taking one for the team. Everyone cannot play through the middle, some will have to play on the wings as there are more opportunities there.

One of the reasons why players don’t like playing on the wings is because of the enormous defensive duties they will have to do. As a winger, a player will have to track back to protect the full back. That must be Draxler’s fear.

Draxler would not come cheap and certainly, it would be bad piece of business to spend big on a player and put him on the bench. Hope Wenger took notice of Draxler’s outburst and puts it into consideration and also his playing position before making an official bid for him be it in the winter or summer window.

POPULAR STORIES

Add a Comment