Juventus legends underwhelmed by the arrival of Nicklas Bendtner

So it seems Gods gift to the soccer world is finding it a little hard over in Italy. That’s right, the self proclaimed ‘Best striker in the world’, Nicklas Bendtner, is already making Juventus headlines but all for the wrong reasons. In fairness, the Arsenal striker hasn’t done anything wrong, at least not yet, but is getting some stick over there from some Juventus legends.

Bendtner may have wanted this loan deal but if the response to his arrival in Turin is anything to go by then he may find proving his self proclamation harder than he first imagined. Guiseppe Marotta, Juventus’s sporting director had this to say about the. loaned striker, “He is not the high-profile striker we were hoping to sign, but it’s a chance we have to take in a difficult market like this.” Get kicked in the teeth much? That should bring anyone’s ego down a couple of notches, even Bendtner’s.

To make matters worse, a couple of Juventus legends spoke out, voicing their opinions regarding the Danish striker’s arrival. Gianluca Vialli had this to say, “I’d give Juve eight out of ten for their transfer strategy. As really top players were too expensive to buy. The Bianconeri got Kwadwo Asamoah and Mauricio Isla, who in terms of quality compared to the cost are bargains of the summer. At times Bendtner can seem like a phenomenon, as he has great self-belief and tries very difficult moves. In Italy he can make the most of his courage and physicality, but if he wants to stand out for his quality, then he’s chosen the wrong league. I believe Antonio Conte will know how to use him best. Besides, even without a top player in attack, Juve can still win the Scudetto again.” I’m actually blushing for him now.

While Alessio Tacchinardi, another ex Juventus player said, “Bendtner isn’t a bad player per se, but he won’t allow the team to make that step up in quality. He’s certainly a decent striker, but as a fan I’d have preferred to see a different forward join Juventus.”

Bendtner on the other hand, welcomed the move and seemed oblivious to any comments stating, “I can now finally say I am a Juventus player – very proud and can’t wait to wear the stripes. I hope we will have great times together. I want to fulfil my potential here and show the fans my absolute best as that is yet to come. I am sure I will.”

To be fair, I almost want the Dane to succeed over there, when he did play for Arsenal, I thought he had bags of potential, then he opened his mouth. Now a part of me wishes he becomes a big flop because then, we were right along by saying what a complete toss this guy really is

6 thoughts on “Juventus legends underwhelmed by the arrival of Nicklas Bendtner

  • September 2, 2012 at 6:19 am

    Give the guy a break for goodness sake trust me he’s got a big mouth but would be happy if u were kept on the bench and even loaned out for Chamack
    i wish him all the the best at least he lets you know exactly where he stands unlike some of our so called ex favorites

  • September 2, 2012 at 6:24 am

    I think Arsenal fans are too hard on Bendtner. He has said and done some stupid things, but he actually never said that he was the best striker in the world. That’s a mis quote thats been repeated so often we all take it as true.

    He’s young, he’s dumb, he has an ego. Frankly that describes most footballers these days.

    The Paddy Power move was yet another idiotic Bendtner escapade, but truth be told, most of his recent comments have shown a little more humility… even the one cited in this article.

  • September 2, 2012 at 6:48 am

    WE WANT HIM TO SUCCEED NOT FOR HIM, BUT FOR US DAMN IT! COME ON! IF HE DOESN’T HOW THE HELL ARE WE GOING TO EVER BE RID OF HIM?!?!?

  • September 2, 2012 at 6:56 am

    I still am pissed off for that wasted opportunity against barca..

  • September 2, 2012 at 9:45 am

    I have always rated Bendtner since his time at Birmingham. He was also one of the best players in Euro 2012 which is ironic when remembering RVP.