`
Koscielny got tired of being a third choice central defender! – Arsenal Banter

Koscielny got tired of being a third choice central defender!

Laurent Koscielny felt that he was getting outran by other defenders at the club and started working harder and harder to be a first team player even though at the moment he’s playing as a right-back after fellow Frenchman Backary Sagna got injured and will be out until next year.

“I think for a defender it is the best championship,” he told Arsenal.com “I have had a bit of time now to be strong and get to know this league. “

“Now I feel good on and off the pitch and I try to put the effort into being a good defender. “

“You don’t have to play differently here, you just have to work on the physical side. It’s very different to France or Spain and the strikers are very strong. I’ve worked a lot to do that.”

“I try to do the defensive work,” he said. “It is a little difficult to help Theo though because he is too quick! I try to give the best I can, and that’s it. I can get forward once or twice a game. “

“I try to do the job seriously but I hope Bacary or Carl come back quickly.”

Koscielny proved an impressive set of skills offering a great performance as a right-back in the last games he played for Arsenal. With Mertesacker and Vermaelen in the center this is his safest bet to keep a first team spot for the moment, so he should get used to playing on the wing. Don’t you think so?

6 thoughts on “Koscielny got tired of being a third choice central defender!

  • December 2, 2011 at 9:08 am

    plz plz koscielny is far better than mert.kosce is as fast as verminator/no nonses tackle,1 and 1 specailist . striker fears him when he get to the ball.and take a look on mert.as razy as snal/thats why many striker rush at him when he goes on ball

  • December 2, 2011 at 10:32 am

    For me its a bit like the left back situatiion vermaelen is obviously a better left
    back than santos but we need him a centre back. koscielny is a.better centre back than mertesacker but we need him at right back. i just hope we addtess all the situations soon i want to see us sign a better left back than vermaelen a better right back than sagna and 2 centre backs better than those we have. that would really show our intentions but it aint gonna happen . i honestly cannot see wenger signing another defender even if we sell squillaci and release hoyte we still have sagna jenkinson and yennaris for right back we have koscielny & djourou who can cover there also. then we have koscielny djourou mertesacker vermaelen miquel boateng for centre back with bartley out on loan and song who.can cover there. while at left back we have santos and gibbs with botelho out on loan and vermaelen and miquel who can cover there.

  • December 2, 2011 at 10:54 am

    I would play Kossie over Jenkinson any day.

  • December 2, 2011 at 11:07 am

    Better right back than Sagna? Good luck with that.

    • December 2, 2011 at 11:28 am

      Haha i was just thinking the same thing when i did read his post … a better Rb who not so many in the world maybe 3 better then him

  • December 2, 2011 at 2:29 pm

    koscielny is one of d most outstanding players, so don’t compare him 2 mertesacker. I hop Le Prof signs Vertoghen 2 cover d right bak in absence of Sagna. Then we hav Koscielny nd Vermaelen at d center bak, while Santos plays d left bak. I tink we wil hav d best defenders wit dis