`
Koscielny – We gave everything but now the focus is on Newcastle – Arsenal Banter

Koscielny – We gave everything but now the focus is on Newcastle

Arsenal raced into a 3-0 lead at half-time against AC Milan, but after playing Liverpool just three days earlier Laurent Koscielny believes they couldn’t keep going at such a fast pace throughout the game.

It is a little disappointing that Arsenal couldn’t get the all-important fourth goal, but the Frenchman says that it was still a good win and now the Gunners need to go out and beat Newcastle to continue their excellent winning run. “It was difficult because we were tired after 45 minutes,” Koscielny said. “We gave everything on the pitch and that is that. We learn and it is the first game that killed us.

“Every player fought together to help his team-mates. It is good for the team and now we must do that in the championship too. We want to play in the Champions League next year so we have to finish in third or fourth place.

“It was important to score quickly in the first half. I scored and I was happy because my family were here. For the team it was good because soon after the second goal came. It was good but now we turn to the championship where we want to win the next game.

“When you play a game like that you just want to play another and it is exciting. Every player is focused on the next game against Newcastle and we want to win and finish in at least fourth place.”

Not just fourth Laurent, we still have the pleasure of overtaking Tottenham for third place!

2 thoughts on “Koscielny – We gave everything but now the focus is on Newcastle

  • March 8, 2012 at 9:15 am

    if we manage to over take spurs with the few left mach to play i believe we can still have the chance for tittle, True Gooner

  • March 8, 2012 at 1:18 pm

    Point of correction,he said @ least finishing 4th.