`
Laurent Koscielny will be subjected to daily treatment till the end of his career – Arsenal Banter

Laurent Koscielny will be subjected to daily treatment till the end of his career

Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny has announced that his Achilles injury will require daily treatment until he decides to draw the curtain on his footballing career.

The 31-year old is currently sidelined due to a calf injury and is set to miss the Premier League match against Sunderland on Tuesday night.

Koscielny should have recovered in time for the final league game of the season, a home match against Everton, as well as the FA Cup final with Chelsea on May 27.

But he would also need to keep watch on his ankle to keep himself fit to play.

“I have some problems,” he said when asked about his Achilles.

“Now it is better. I know it is a difficult injury because you need to work every day on this. Every morning I have my treatment for my Achilles and I know I need to do this to the end of my career.

“Now, every day I do this and it is okay but sometimes with all the games we play every three days, it is difficult and I need to have a rest to recover well for my Achilles.

“That’s why last time I was injured but now it is okay with this. You need to be careful with this because if you stop doing your own exercise programme for one or two weeks, the problem will come back. I know now I need to do this every day to be fit for my team.

“I am prepared to miss Sunderland to be fit for the last two games of this season. Sometimes it is better to miss one game to be fit for the others.”

Koscielny was the skipper in Gunners impressive 4-1 victory over Stoke City on Saturday, their sixth victory in a total of seven across all competition this season.