Liverpool’s Soldado Interest Great News For Arsenal’s Suarez Hopes And It Hurts Tottenham

It seems as though Arsenal have been given a further boost in their pursuit of Liverpool striker Luis Suarez. According to reports from The Telegraph AND The Mirror, the Merseyside club have come to terms with the fact that they will be losing their prized asset this summer and are now targeting Valencia’s Roberto Soldado to replace the Uruguayan.

Arsenal’s North London rivals Tottenham Hotspur have been strongly linked with the Spanish international for quite some time now but Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas has been put off by his £26 million price tag. However, Liverpool will have no such problems if they decide to cash in on Suarez.

Meanwhile, there new reports are claiming that Suarez and his representatives feel very strongly that Arsenal’s £40,000,001 bid for the controversial striker should be enough for Liverpool to let him go, according to the terms of his contract and may even resort to legal action if the Merseysiders do not budge.

It is worth noting that back in 2007, Suarez took his first European side FC Groningen to court after the club refused to sanction his transfer to Eredevise rivals Ajax, forcing the Dutch side to let him go. Seven years later, the Uruguayan finds himself in the same position and might very well resort to the same tactic if Liverpool continue to play hardball.

Anyway, what I’m trying to say is that if Suarez is keen enough to join Arsenal, I’m sure he will find a way. With no other top quality striker left in the market, Wenger will most definitely go in with another bid. The only thing that I feel might get in the way is if Real Madrid come in, but that seems unlikely now as they seem to be after Bale. If that goes through and Liverpool sign Soldado, I will have a party.

After all that has transpired and looking at what could possibly transpire in the next couple of weeks, most Liverpool fans wouldn’t want him at the club anyway. There are still chances that he might slip away, but as of now, Luis Suarez seems to be well on course to being an Arsenal player. That will give the Gunners a real chance of winning the title, while the spuds will be lucky to get in the Europa League next season.