Malcom accepts Arsenal’s offer – Medicals scheduled

Brazilian reporter Bruno Andrade claims that the Gunners are negotiating a deal to acquire Bazilian winger Malcolm from Bordeaux.

“I posted last week that Arsenal came into the fray for former Corinthians [player] Malcolm,” he tweeted.

“Today I hear that the conversations are progressing well.”

The 20-year-old has been strongly linked with an exit from the French club this winter after impressing with seven goals in 20 appearances so far this season.

In possession of a magical left foot, the Brazilian U20 star has proved his technicality with his long-range shooting ability on more than one occasion, as the above footage shows.

But he can also beat a man to whip a ball into the box – a good deal for a side with the aerial presence of Olivier Giroud.

If the Gunners do manage to seal the signing of the sought-after starlet, it would certainly prove a hit with the fans.

“He is a great assister, has a great eye for a pass, would work well in our side,” said one fan.

Another wrote: “Great dribbling skills, pace, very intelligent, plus he has a great strike in him.”

It comes as the club was also linked with a move for Monaco winger Thomas Lemar.

The Frenchman is said to be Arsenal’s priority target if they sell Alexis Sanchez this month.