Monaco Give Update On Arsenal-Target Mbappe’s Future

Arsenal would surely love to bring him to the Emirates this summer, and indeed Wenger has previously admitted a move was close, but they will not be alone and could well find themselves priced out of a move.

Monaco have given an update on in-deman star Kylian Mbappe and insist they are hoping to keep hold of the Frenchman this summer, despite huge speculation over his future.

Arsenal are just one of top clubs linked with the French international who has enjoyed a good season and played a huge role in Monaco ending their long wait to be crowned French champions once again.

Leonardo Jardim’s men also made it throught the last four of the Champions League and Mbappe’s performance in the prestige league have not gone unnoticed all over Europe.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has already admitted his interest in the youngster but the club vice-president Vadmin Vasilyev is hoping to hang onto his star man.

“We will take stock after the season, but it is our intention that he stays,” he told Le10Sport. “We will do everything we can to keep him.

“It depends on the club, but also the will of the player and I hope he will make the right choice to stay with us.

“I have not had discussions with any club because what the player wants is the priority.”

Monaco claimed the title on Wednesday night with Mbappe again on target in the victory over Saint-Etienne, his 26th goal of a phenomenal season.

POPULAR STORIES

Add a Comment