Newcastle can’t beat Arsenal says Alan Pardew

Alan Pardew thinks that Newcastle will forfeit their chances of playing in the Champions League next season unless they beat Arsenal tomorrow, but doesn’t think his team is “good enough or big enough” to do it!

Pardew told the Newcastle Chronicle: “It would be over. The Champions League is over if we do not win this one.

“It is not a game which will decide our Europa League fate.

“The next 10 games will do that. This one is about the Champions League – if we win we will be throwing our names in the hat.

“But I don’t think we are good enough to do it or big enough.

“I don’t think we will be able to hold our nerve to do it.

“However, if we win, it will make it very interesting for Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal.

“We will all go to the next fixture a bit lively.”

“It is about the FA Cup final, if it is two top-six teams in there, seventh place will kick in. That will help us.

“If I am honest, we are the outside chance for the top six because Liverpool’s run-in is magnificent compared to ours.

“We are looking to protect ourselves from not finishing lower than eight and to have a great season.

“Then in a year we will feel scheduled to get into Europa League, but we have it all to do.”

Arsene Wenger complimented Pardew for his astute dealings in the transfer market but the Arsenal boss is also convinced that Newcastle will lose. For two managers that rarely see eye-to-eye it is good that they can agree on something!