News Round Up – Sagna Ruled Out For Longer Than Expected, Morata Says No But Another Striker Could Sign Soon

Bacary-sagna

So many news making the rounds in the World of football with regard to Arsenal. First things first and that would certainly be tonight’s Champions league clash against Napoli. It’s so strange that after 12 points Arsenal are still not assured of qualification yet, that speaks volume of the competition in the group.

For tonight’s tie, Arsenal will be without key right back Bacary Sagna who is out with a hamstring injury. That isn’t so much of a blow, I believe Jenkinson should be good enough to halt the Italians.

His absence might not be much of a problem tonight but it could be at the weekend. Reports have it that he could also miss the weekend’s all important clash against City. I still believe he could make it probably by a stroke of luck and the aid of little injection of painkillers.

In other news, Arsenal are closing in on the signing of Barca’s highly rated starlet Tonny Sanabria. He seems to have rejected Barca’s recent contract offer while he seems to have preference for the Gunners ahead of the other suitor Roma. Who would blame him for that? At Arsenal, he would get more opportunities to play regular first team football. Certainly, he must have derived inspiration from Fabregas’ Arsenal adventure.

Still in the La Liga but this time in the camp of Barca’s arch rivals Real Madrid, Arsenal’s reported target Morata has played down suggestions he could be set to join Arsenal on a loan deal in January. Not only him denied, even Wenger did. Well, time would reveal who is lying: Media or Wenger and Morata.

Finally, Wenger has revealed that the heartbreak of missing out on Higuain had been mended by the arrival of Ozil. I can’t but agree with him. Ozil has been in superb form since joining. He has scored goals and assisted many more (currently leads the assist league). Well, a player of Ozil’s class is rare in the market, strikers abound and Arsenal can still get a better replacement. I am more than happy it was the German we got though he was more expensive. As for me, he was a steal for that fee while Higuain was simply overpriced at the fee Napoli paid for him.

POPULAR STORIES

Add a Comment