Now that City’s in, will German star Reus still join Arsenal?

Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger should be expecting a hard fight for German wonderkid Marco Reus now that Manchester City also set eyes on the young attacking midfielder according to the German newspaper Bild.

City’s technical director Mark Rigg declared:

‘I know Marco, because I like him a lot,’

‘He is one of the most talented players you have in Germany and we have watched him very often.’

Wenger already took contact with the German club according to the manager:

‘I know Arsene very well and I just told him the truth – that Marco is a very, very interesting player,’ Favre said.

‘But I am coach of Monchengladbach and I would like to keep hold of him.’

Reus would be a great addition to Arsene Wenger’s side which now needs a top midfielder more than ever with Wilshere and Diaby injured. Arteta has adapted well, but Ramsey is falling in and out of form and Wenger doesn’t really have too many options. Do you think Reus will choose Arsenal over City?

POPULAR STORIES

9 comments

  1. difficult to say…

    if he’s looking only for money and trophies he will go to city.
    but when he wants playing time, a regular team spot and to get the best out of him, he will join afc.

  2. Unfortuately. city does not do any scouting. They know that if Wenger is interested in any player, the player must be good and all they do is come with money. Any player worth his salt who is interested in the game will NOT go to city as they have a very bad man manager in Manchini. He does not bring up players but buy already made as he has unlimited resources. This is not only bad for the game but also for the England national team.

  3. What’s on the earth big spender teams will try to get and alluring the same player which already linked with arsenal. Are them really need the player or just want to stop the player from be the gunners.

  4. Ramsey seems to be finding his feet again and `young Jack` will be back in training just after Christmas. Arteta is now feeling comfortable and at home and with Song and Rosicky availble plus Ox-Chamberlain about to jump out of his shell I`d be more interested in a quality striker in January.

  5. writters like you are just very stupid for exposing wenger’s shopping list to the bid money spender in the first place. Leave wenger and let him get good players at affordable prices, instead of making him loose out on a player because of your idiotic writings feeding our rivals. Should wenger loose out on him, you’d still open your stinking wide mouth to say wenger doesn’t know how to seal a deal… You writters are ruining arsenal’s chances of getting good players at good prices.

Add a Comment