Official: Arsenal will sell Aaron Ramsey for a HUGE price in January

The Gunners have told Aaron Ramsey the reason behind their refusal to offer him a new contract and he will now leave the club on a free transfer, according to the Metro.

The Wales midfielder’s contract is set to expire at the end of this season and after a protracted period of negotiations, the club suddenly withdrew their offer when it looked like they were close to a breakthrough.

Ramsey was left unhappy as there was no explanation given for the contract withdrawal and in an interview last week he requested for an explanation from the club.

Hopefully somebody will come up and tell me why,” Ramsey said

I’ll accept that if there’s a reason. When the time is right, I probably will find out but that hasn’t happened yet. ‘We all know that the contract was taken away off the table. I’m not sure exactly why because a few weeks before we sort of agreed and I was ready to sign.”