Official: Finally Aubameyang Wishes Have been Granted

Arsenal forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has wished to play alongside Alexandre Lacazette. Okay. Wish granted, but it probably won’t be what he was expecting.

During Southampton match, the Gabonese striker was taken off for Lacazette. The last time they played together, against Stoke, they had a heartwarming moment of understanding each other’s situation and it led to a lot of hope among the Arsenal fans.

Aubameyang said: “I hope we will have the opportunity to play together – it’s something I said when I first arrived that I hoped to play with him.

“We have different styles, but I think they’re styles that complement each other – he’s a very good player and a very kind person.”

His wish might just be granted next season, when the Arsene Wenger won’t have to assess his options for the frontline.