Official! Lemar To Arsenal, Star Oficcially Signs For Arsenal – Arsenal Banter

Official! Lemar To Arsenal, Star Oficcially Signs For Arsenal

Arsenal are confident of signing Thomas Lemar this summer with reports claiming Arsene Wenger are ready to break the bank again.

The Gunners have seen bids of £30million and £40m for Lemar turned down by Monaco so far this summer.

The Daily Star reports Wenger is determined to complete a move for the 21-year-old despite already breaking the club record this summer by signing Alexandre Lacazette from Lyon.

Arsenal are planning a £45m improved bid to land the prolific winger who guided Monaco in winning the Ligue 1 title.

And the Mirror say Arsenal are ready to hand Lemar a five-year deal worth £100,000-a-week plus bonuses.

Arsene Wenger admitted yesterday on Arsenal’s pre-season tour of Australia that Lemar was on his radar.

“He’s a player that we follow yes, we look at,” he said.

“We are looking at more signings. But there’s nothing really concrete about any signings.

“I’m open to get some more signings, but it’s not easy to find the players to strengthen our squad because we have top quality players.

“There’s two ways to improve – analyse what we did well last year and what we did not do well, and improve on that.

“And the second way is to bring some new players in.

“But I believe at the moment, because we are on pre-season, that it is very important for us to analyse what happened last year and where we can improve. At the moment I focus more on that.”

Lemar bagged an impressive 14 goals and 14 assists to Monaco’s season in 2016/17, helping them win Ligue 1 and reach the semi-finals of the Champions League.