Official!!! Lucas Torreira finally Announced as Arsenal third Signing

Arsenal have medical staff in Russia to complete the signing of Lucas Torreira, according to reports in Italy.

Torreira played a major role in Uruguay 1-0 win against Egypt being subbed in the second half of the match.

The midfielder expected to sign a five-year deal worth £2.6m a year after Arsenal agreed a £26.19m fee with Sampdoria.

Arsenal already have the doctors over in Russia to complete the medical procedures and he will officially be an Arsenal player before the end of the World Cup, according to SampNews24.

Unai Emery and Arsenal’s transfer committee have identified the midfielder as the man to help dictate games in north London.

He has impressed for Sampdoria and is expected to be involved in Uruguay’s World Cup campaign.

It was claimed the signing was done and dusted by journalist Fabrizio Romano.

When asked by a fan on Twitter about the Gunners’ pursuit of Torreira, Romano said: “[Torreira] is done mate! But I don’t know when [it] will be announced.”

Arsenal new manager has already signed Stephan Lichtsteiner from Juventus in his first deal since arriving at the Emirates.

Arsenal are also closing in on deals for Bernd Leno and Sokratis Papastathopoulos as Emery looks to overhaul his side.

Emery is also keen to develop his current group of players and challenge for the Champions League spots.

“I believe we can grow with the players we have,” he said when appointed last month.

“The objective is to work hard together and with these talented players.

“It’s very important for the club, after two years outside the Champions League, to work to be the best team in the Premier League and also in the world.”