Official: Medicals Done, Arsenal Unveil Third Summer Signing

It is not getting any better for the Arsenal loyals and Arsene Wenger, and instead of the last days of the transfer window being a period in which the inefficiency of the squad is treated by spending some big money to acquire the right kind of players that can provide solution to the inefficiency. Following a miserable start to the Premier League campaign, it is turning into a time of even more misery as key squad members begin to transfer to direct rivals and the Gunners have been unable to replace the players because, players do not seem interested in signing for Arsenal.

I mean Jonny Evans, the Northern Ireland international defender who transferred from Manchester United to West Brom not too long ago is not even a player that many Arsenal fans would have even considered at the start of the summer transfer window but now the situation is bad and he is one of Wenger’s last minute solutions.

However, the Daily Mail is reporting that the 29-year old is not interested in a move to north London and will turn down the transfer, preferring instead a move to Man City even though he would be the fourth choice centre back there. Seriously, Gooners, how low has the stock of Arsenal and our manager become when we cannot even tempt a United reject like Evans to join us?