PHOTOS: Stephan Lichtsteiner arrives to Greet Pierre and Other teammates at Training

With the Summer transfer window opened for some weeks now, managers are working hard on their transfer targets so we’ll bring you all the latest gossip from around the globe. Today, Stephan Lichtsteiner has joined Arsenal.

stephan lichtsteiner arsenal

The Gunners have secured their first signing

of the summer in the Era of Unai Emery confirming on Arsenal official website that Stephan Lichtsteiner has joined the club on a short-term contract from Juventus.

New manager Emery is wasting no time trying to strengthen our defence after we conceded 51 Premier League goals last season and he knows we need to improve at the back if we’re to challenge for the top four again.

A new right-back has been identified as a priority as Hector Bellerin made 46 appearances last season and played more minutes [4,131] than any other Arsenal player so Emery has been on the look out for someone to lighten the load.

The Switzerland international has won seven Serie A titles during his time in Turin but at 34, the experienced right-back is set for a fresh challenge and he’s now ready to test himself in England.

Arsenal have confirmed on their official website that Lichtsteiner has joined the club on a free transfer after signing a one-year contract and will wear the No.12 shirt next season.

The North Londoners have also confirmed that the Swiss International will be given the No.12 shirt to wear for next season.