Rennes resigned to M’Vila exit this summer

Renne’s midfielder Yann M’Vila has been linked with a move to Arsenal for some time, and this could be Arsene Wenger’s big chance to bring him to the Emirates this summer.

M’Vila is extremely well regarded and with big names on his trail, the Frenchman is due to bring a nice transfer fee in for Rennes.

Rennes’ officials seem to have agreed on the fact that M’Vila has to go in the summer, and they’re ready to let him go if the right kind of fee comes along.

“The logic is that he will be sold in the summer. This is a player who can play for any of the eight big European clubs.

“I spoke with him and he is totally committed to Rennes now. He wants to help the club do well and leave with his head held high.”

Arsene Wenger was reported to have submitted a bid for him last summer, but Rennes snubbed the possibility of letting him go. Rumours say that the French club wanted to wait until after the EURO 2012 where the midfielder is a sure first teamer, and then cash in a bigger transfer fee for his services.

The biggest worry for Wenger is that other big names like Real Madrid, City, Barcelona and Man United have taken an interest in the midfielder, so it’s going to be a harsh battle for his signature, but M’Vila would be perfect competition for Alex Song.

Should Wenger go for him?

POPULAR STORIES

5 comments

  1. to be honest, I think Song being in the first team will push Frimpong and Coquelin to become better to challenge him themselves. imo we have 3 good holding midfielders in the squad already, and buying M’vila for the sake of it would be a waste of money (and quite a lot of it). Hes a reallygood player, just dont think its necessary. plus, this was probably just pulled out of someones ass to get season ticket sales anyway

  2. Only if Song departs, as there are many clubs in Europe interesting in signing him, should Arsenal go for M’Vila. Wenger has got Frimpong and Coquelin in the squad who can be very good in the holding mid-field role. Also, with Arteta playing deep and Wilshere coming back, I dont see Wenger going for another defensive mid

  3. Verthongen is betta option..can do multitasking…besides, we really need creativity left by Fab4..Gotze…he’s da perfect man to replace Fab4!

  4. I think we should just focus on keeping RvP, sign Podolski and one attacking midfielder who can score 12-15 goals a season. Someone like Hazard. Anyone else would be a bonus but not absolutely necessary.

  5. m’vila will only come if we sell song,but i think vertonghen is a better bet and cheaper and can multitask,hazad we dont need another winger we have ryo on loan at bolton and doing good so we need 1-2 more players podolski can take gervinos place and sell him,saures/gourd to play up front with rpv or together,i dont think we will hold onto rvp in summer we will sell but only abroad not in prem i think figures will be to high to take risk on him playing another full season we must be honest this is the only time hes nearly played a full season and he will be 29 next season so i think money will talk !

Add a Comment