Sagna – The Newcastle game is just as important as Milan

The Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna has recovered from his terrible injury in time to strengthen the team for the crucial run-in as the Gunners attempt to ensure that they finish in the top four of the Premiership.

Arsenal are currently three points ahead of Chelsea (and more importantly only four behind Tottenham) and Sagna thinks they can now push on with a win over Newcastle on Monday to cement their position.

He said: “We are fourth now and we have a bit of an advance on Chelsea,”

“We want to put Arsenal back in the Champions League and we are only four points behind Tottenham now. We know we can do it and now we have to win the next game against Newcastle, which is as important as the one against Milan.

“If we want to qualify for the Champions League we cannot let it go now.

“The second leg against Milan can be a reference game. It was not easy because AC Milan are a good team. We lost 4-0 away and we managed to beat them 3-0 here. That is football, we have to take it as it is and we have to learn as well.

“We did well from the front to defence, the goalkeeper too. We have to keep on fighting until the end as a team and show the same performance again.”

It’s great to here all the Arsenal players sounding so full of confidence again after our little blip. Champions League qualification is in their hands and they mustn’t let go of it!

2 thoughts on “Sagna – The Newcastle game is just as important as Milan

  • March 8, 2012 at 4:00 pm

    Sagna u’re sayin d throught we should win newcastle

  • March 10, 2012 at 6:54 am

    Now that we have our fav 1st 11 back,we ll accept nothing less than a win. This team can beat any in d world