Sanchez Confirm New Deal For Arsenal After City Withdraw Interest – Arsenal Banter

Sanchez Confirm New Deal For Arsenal After City Withdraw Interest

Arsenal captain Per Mertesacker has confirmed that Alexis Sanchez is not leaving the Emirates this summer.

Sanchez, 28, has less than a year left on his current contract with the Gunners, and it has been rumored that the Chile international is looking for an exit this summer ahead of the forthcoming campaign.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has quelled talks of the attacker leaving anytime soon, however, and now Mertesacker has the club’s star player will remain in the club till next summer.

“Yes, definitely (Sanchez will stay). We have a strong squad and we do not want to lose any players. Even in their final contract year we need them. We cannot afford to lose them,” Mertesacker told Fox Sports. “If you’re talking about championships, to keep our best player is key.”

Sanchez bagged 30 goals for FA Cup holders Arsenal during the 2016-17 campaign.