Sanchez, Mustafi, Koscielny and Gabriel Out – Wenger Gives Update Ahead of FA Cup Final

Arsene Wenger hase given us a fresh injury update ahead of our Saturday’s FA Cup final with Chelsea and the Frenchan has admitted Gabriel is definetely out of the clash.

The Brazilian was injured with a knee problem in Sunday’s win over Everton and will miss the next few months although the injury is not as bad as first feared.

Our side is facing a defensive crisis ahead of the game with Shkodran Mustafi still suffering from concussion and a huge doubt although there was better news Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

“Gabriel is out for 6-8 weeks. We had a scare about his cruciate but it’s medial. He avoids surgery,” he told a pre-match press conference.

“Alexis Sanchez is OK, Oxlade-Chamberlain is in contention for final. Mustafi is still sick and hasn’t trained yet.”

The French boss is yet to confirm whether Alexis Sanchez will feature in the final as he claimed he is not 100% sure he will be fit to face Chelsea.

“He needs to go through some tests at the moment. We’ll see how well he comes out of that,” he added.

“Knowing the player, knowing his commitment to the club, he’ll do everything to be fit for Saturday.”

It sounds as though Arsenal may have to cope without Mustafi on Saturday and with Gabriel and Laurent Koscielny also out that will be a huge blow.

However, it seems likely that Sanchez will be fit for the game, and although that is a huge boost, Wenger certainly has selection problems ahead of the weekend.