Should Arsenal buy Shinji Kagawa?

According to the latest rumours Shinji Kagawa, Borussia Dortmund’s midfielder, is interested in playing for a English club and we are all hoping that Arsene Wenger will attempt adding the attacking midfielder to his Arsenal team.

From the looks of it the Japanese player is determined to leave the Bundesliga this summer for some challenging Premier League action.

“Shinji is going to play in England because he has officially rejected our offer of a new contract.” Declared Michael Zorc, the Borussia Dortmund club president.

The 23-year old is very popular in his homeland and is regarded as a great investment by none other than Arsenal’s fierce enemy Manchester United. The Devils have been courting their target for some time now, but unfortunately for them Wenger may be able to influence the midfielder’s actions and make him take the Gunners equipment.The Frenchman is known for his respect for Japanese players, having previously signed Junichi Inamoto and Ryo Miyaichi.

“The Premiership is one of the leagues I want to challenge. If it is Man United, I’ll be still more eager to go and try how much I can do there.” said the midfielder a few months ago.

The fee for Dortmund’s star is expected to be around £10-12million, an apparently light figure for Arsenal, as Shinji Kagawa entering the final year of his contract.

I believe that Wenger should try and bring the hard working Japanese player in because he is seen by many fans as a breath of fresh air, fitting in perfectly to Arsenal’s playing pattern. Does anyone disagree?

POPULAR STORIES

11 comments

  1. YEEES PLEASE!! If there was any player that i think would do very well at Arsenal, it is Kagawa. BARGAIN ALERT, at a maximum of 15m, he is all class, and scores plenty of goals for a CAM, PLEASE SIGN THIS GUY, he should be our #1 priority!!!

  2. Havnt seen him play tho, but ι tink ωε shuld buy him…. Pple tel мє ƗƗɐ ιѕ very good… An ι tink ωε need an atackin midfielder, cos rosicky ¢αη ßε injured easily

  3. Kagawa is a good player and can fit into arsenal style of football. But i think united are ahead of us in the race to sighn him.

  4. It is not good to judge a player by one season performance and rush to pay a very high transfer fee for him. Ask Man City about Robinho and they will tell you what I mean. Let’s go for established players please.

  5. He is a good lad & i’v seen him in action. All we need now is experince nd game winning kind of players. Arsene go 4 him immediately.

  6. He is a great player and I would love to see him in Arsenal but lets be real guys I think he’ll join Man utd as he said before he will be joining Man utd.. I don’t see him coming to Arsenal. If he will be going to Man utd then we should either get Eriksen or Y.Belhanda or Lucas Moura… Cmon Wenger just one more player and then our squad will be complete!!

  7. fed up of meaningless runours. sheer distraction.we have a good squad with good backup. what can one do if all get injured

Add a Comment