Signed $ Sealed – Striker Lands In London For Arsenal Medicals

Former Arsenal player Paul Merson suggested that the Gunners should request for Sergio Aguero in a swap deal if they will eventually sell Alexis Sanchez to Manchester City.

Sanchez’s future at Arsenal still has doubt hanging over it, with the attacker entering the final year of his deal at the Emirates and he is yet to put pen to paper.

Merson believes that Arsenal allow Sanchez to leave if the Chile international doesn’t want to stay but also suggested that Arsene Wenger should look try to get City striker Aguero as part of the deal.

Merson told goal: “I don’t think Arsenal can replace Sanchez, can they? He gets 30 of their goals, but you’ve got to move on.

“If someone doesn’t want to be at the club, Arsenal are a big club and you don’t want players who don’t want to be there. Arsenal are a big club, a very big club and you don’t want that.

“He’s a good player – if I were Arsenal I’d be ringing up Man City and saying ‘Give us Aguero and you can have Sanchez.’

“[If Alexis wants to go to Man City] then I’d say I want Aguero. He’s better than Sanchez.”