Sky Sports: Danny Welbeck set to Leave Arsenal in January for Turkey

Arsenal legend Ian Wright has sent a stern warning to Gunners boss Unai Emery about one player who could leave for free in the summer.

The former striker netted 128 times for Arsenal in 221 appearances and played alongside numerous big names in his time.

And despite Pierre-Emerrick Aubameyang and Alexander Lacazette leading the line nowadays, Wrighty thinks fans are forgetting one true hero of the strike force.

He says Danny Welbeck deserves more credit.

Among the contract speculation surrounding Aaron Ramsey, some have forgotten the England international will also become a free agent next season.

Asked if he thinks Welbeck deserves a new deal, Wright explained: “Yes, I certainly do.

“And it’s due to the fact he is capable of scoring goals against all types of opposition.

“He’s someone that I think Arsenal should definitely try to sign up for the long term. He’s valuable to Arsenal.

“I think he’s got eight to 10 goals in him over the course of a season. In the current climate, I don’t think Arsenal can afford to let someone like that go.”

Arsenal supporter DT shared the news to his followers on YouTube earlier today, and the video has now racked up 8,000 hits.

“I’ve slated Welbeck before, but he has looked good this season,” one viewer admitted.

Another added: “Welbeck is a good squad player and an absolute workhorse.”

And a third claimed: “Welbeck gives us so much depth and it’s something different to Lacazette and Aubameyang, he deserves a new contract.”